Are you signed up for Tour de Habitat 2012, but the money you need to fundraise isn’t growing on a tree in your backyard? Are you concerned that you won’t make your fundraising goal in time for Saturday’s event? Here at Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity, we have a few tips to help pump up your fundraising before the Saturday, March 3rd event. Try out these 5 tips and see how much money you can raise:
1. Email fundraising Almost everyone has an email that they are checking constantly on their computers, smartphones or iPads. Send your First Giving link to all of your friends, families and colleagues. They will be sure to check your email and hopefully give a donation.
2. Post on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Posting your personal First Giving site on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media websites that you use is a great way for your followers to quickly access your site and directly donate to this cause. In your post, explain that you are participating in Tour de Habitat and that all the money raised goes to support Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity. Let your friends and followers know what your monetary goal is so that they can see how much you are raising for this event; this may entice them to help you reach your goal.
3. Matching funds Wouldn’t it be nice if you could raise your whole amount and then have a business match the same amount you raised? Many businesses are often willing to match proceeds towards events such as Tour de Habitat. It’s not too late to ask your company, your spouse’s company or a good friend that is a business owner if they would be willing to match the funds. They will see that you are working hard to raise your amount and then they can help out too.
4. Hold a fundraising “Blitz” Get your team of 6 members together and decide what businesses you would like to ask to donate – then go ask them! Dedicate one hour to go out to all the businesses that you want to ask. Often businesses are more willing to donate if they are asked face-to-face since it’s more personal and shows them that you are taking the time to come to them.
5. Have a fundraising contest with your team members Challenge each other to see who can raise their money first! Competition always adds some fun to fundraising and it’s a great way to get everyone excited for the day of the event. Maybe the team member that raises the least is the team’s waterboy or the person that raises the most gets fanned while they ride. You could also challenge another team that is signed up for Tour de Habitat. The losing team has to do 10 pushups after they bike…
We hope these tips help you reach your goal before Saturday, March 3rd! Thanks for your support towards Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity. We look forward to seeing you at Tour de Habitat 2012 at Courts Plus!
Call Jackie at 218-284-5253 x2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org