Is “staying organized” one of your New Year’s resolutions? It’s not easy to keep clutter away when life is busy and time is short. Here are 8 ideas to reduce the mess—and the stress—and get your home organized this year.
- Repurpose an old cabinet or buffet as an entryway storage system for mail, notes, keys and more.
- Keep your mudroom tidy with a bookshelf-turned-cubby for shoes, sunglasses, scarves and other outdoor accessories.
- Hang a whiteboard or chalkboard in a common space for writing lists, notes and messages. Use different colored markers or chalk for color coded organization.
- Stack crates of all sizes in your bathroom, bedroom or closet for easy-to-access storage of towels, books, shoes and more.
- Break out the old suitcases you never use and pack extra bedding, towels, or seasonal clothing in them for under-the-bed storage.
- Look for multi-functional furniture that contains storage areas to give you both seating and organizational space.
- De-clutter your tables and counters by keeping trinkets, picture frames and other décor on floating wall shelves.
- Save floor space by hanging baskets on the wall of a playroom, child’s bedroom or nursery for easy storage of toys, blankets, diapers and other accessories.
Habitat ReStore is here to help you cut the clutter this year. Check out the ReStore’s wide variety of gently used home improvement materials and find exactly what you need to get organized.