At Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity, we are excited to take part in Giving Hearts Day on Thursday, February 14th. Giving Hearts Day gives individuals an opportunity to prove their record-breaking generosity by contributing to their favorite charitable organizations in North Dakota and western Minnesota.
Giving Hearts Day is a great opportunity to amplify your giving to Lake Agassiz. Western State Bank will match the first $4,000 donated to Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity on Thursday, February 14th – doubling the impact your gift can have!
If that’s not exciting enough, Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity has partnered with local business in the community who will give a portion of their sales to Habitat as part of Giving Hearts Day- giving you the chance to get your valentine something special this year, while supporting Habitat.
- Aquablue: Aquablue will donate $10 from the sale of each of these bracelets now through February 14th. Plus, shop at Aquablue on Valentine’s Day and 5% of your entire purchase will be donated to Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity. Aquablue is located at 4955 17th Avenue South in Fargo.
- Namaste: Sore back from shoveling? Treat yourself to a massage at Namaste! Namaste salon’s massage therapist, Dani, will be donating 50% of her gratuities on Valentine’s Day to Habitat for Humanity. Namaste is located at 5050 13th Avenue Southwest in Fargo.
- Sweet Dreams Confections: Looking for something sweet for your sweetie? Sweet Dreams Confections is donating 10% to Habitat from all the long stemmed chocolate roses sold on Valentine’s Day. Sweet Dreams is located at 4101 13th Avenue South in Fargo.
- Prairie Petals: Mention Habitat when ordering your Valentine’s Day arrangement by e-mail through Wednesday, February 13th and Prairie Petals will donate 10% of each arrangement to Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity on Giving Hearts Day. Prairie Petals is located at 623 N.P. Avenue in Fargo.
- The Look Salon: Donate to Habitat on Giving Hearts Day, than treat yourself to a day of pampering at The Look Salon, where you can make your donation go even further. Through the end of February, simply show your thank you for donating to Habitat on Giving Hearts Day, and The Look Salon will donate 20% of your service and/or 15% of your product purchase to Habitat. The Look Salon is located at 2553 Kirsten Lane South, Fargo.
When making your Valentine’s Day plans, remember the impact you can have with Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity be supporting these local businesses in their quest to give back. And remember, starting at midnight on Thursday, February 14, you can make a difference in someone else’s life by giving whatever amount you want to see matched on Impact Foundation’s website. Simply log on and search for Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity Your generosity makes it possible for families in our community to experience the difference that a simple, affordable – and permanent home can have in their lives and in the lives of the generations to come.