Before you put anything on the curb this May, think of Habitat ReStore first! Fargo-Moorhead’s Cleanup Week is May 6-10. Every year, residents of Dilworth, Moorhead, Fargo, and West Fargo dispose of tires, appliances, and other large items at no charge on their regular garbage collection day.
This Cleanup Week, there’s a great opportunity to get rid of unwanted items in an environmentally sustainable way that also supports the local community. Consider donating your new and used building materials, appliances (even those that don’t work), and furniture to Habitat ReStore and receiving a tax deduction! Habitat ReStore even accepts donations on materials that can’t be disposed of during Cleanup week.
Habitat ReStore is a home improvement thrift store that has three main functions: to divert usable materials from area landfills, to offer a low cost option for shoppers doing home improvement projects, and to raise money to support Habitat for Humanity. By giving their donations another life, Habitat ReStore is able to divert almost 500 tons of materials from area landfills annually! All proceeds from Habitat ReStore support Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity as they build simple, decent, and affordable homes in partnership with families in Cass and Clay counties.
Cleanup Week Rules
Each city has their own specifications, which can be found on the Cleanup Week website.
1. Separate items of the same type into distinct piles (tires, appliances, furniture, brush, household garbage, etc.). Separate trucks collect the items.
2. Place garbage in disposable containers, except for oversized items.
3. Items will be collected on your normal garbage pickup day. Do not set items out more than one day early.
4. Crews will not return to pick up garbage set out too late.
5. Remove refrigerator and freezer doors. Do not place food or any other waste inside appliances.
6. Items must be from residences; no commercial waste will be accepted. Keep household garbage at least four feet away from other Cleanup Week items.
If you have items that are still usable or are not accepted by the city, consider supporting your community and the environment by donating tax-deductible materials to Habitat ReStore!
How do I donate to Habitat ReStore?
Pick Up: Call (218) 359-0812 to schedule a FREE donation pick-up.
For a list of accepted donations, please visit our webpage.