The holidays are a time of gladness, generosity and gift-giving…and trying not to go broke. Luckily, the best home décor is often made, not bought. These 6 DIY decorations made from affordable ReStore materials will bring holiday cheer to your home—without breaking the bank. Plus, they make the perfect gifts for friends and family!
1. Frosted window – A simple antique window you can find at ReStore, frosted with spray snow, could be the perfect touch on top of a mantelpiece–like this one from Marty’s Musings.
2. Pallet sled wall hanging – Pick up a ReStore pallet and turn it into a Christmas sled wall hanging with the help of a little paint and elbow grease. Check out this one created by Follow Your Heart Woodworking.
3. Scrap wood tree – All it takes is some scrap or fence wood you’ll find at ReStore and a little bit of handiwork to create this unique scrap wood Christmas tree inspired by Marty’s Musings.
4. Santa’s ladder- Repurpose a wooden step ladder (or build one out of scrap wood from ReStore), decorate it with seasonal baubles, and you’ve got a ladder fit for Santa. Try out one like this from Inspiration for Home.
5. Holiday message board – Spread holiday cheer with a message written on a repurposed cabinet door from ReStore, like this one from Generation Cedar. Hang it on a wall or prop it up like a picture frame.
6. Chalkboard door – For an even bolder version of the holiday message board, use chalkboard paint on an upcycled door from ReStore—it’s perfect for a kitchen or playroom. Check out Sweet Pickins’ take on this project.
Happy holidays (and happy crafting) from ReStore! Habitat for Humanity ReStore is located at 210 11th Street North in Moorhead, Minnesota. Our hours are 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Saturday. Visit us online at lakeagassizhabitat.org.